Tuesday, September 25, 2007

AHHHHH HOME....

BEFORE HOME, CAME VEGAS.....
Vegas was a hoot. Only 4 days there, but in that time Kate and I were able to see a show, blow some money, ride horses through and around Red Canyon and spend hours by the pool and in bed ;).
They always say that photos tell 1000 words, so i will let some of the good ones i took do the talking....


Isn't she the cutest?




Until she lost all of my money!




But i forgave her....






Only to find out she wanted to be a cowboy....



So here i am rounding 2nd with one of the Blue Men...i think she was jealous.






FRESH FACES AROUND THE HOUSE....
Upon my return home i was able to finally meet the person who for the past 6 months has resided in my bedroom. My parents and sister brought in a girl (Gracie) who needed a place to stay and she has been living with us since April. Fortunately she has been moved from my room to the spare bedroom since my return, but it has been fun to meet a new person and learn about her, considering its like she is a new sister of mine.


Pip and the newbie (Grace) cooking dinner. Its a nice change of pace...




It has also been more than nice to sleep in the familiar surroundings of my bedroom once again. Oh how i have missed my home.




PIP'S QUITTING SMOKING....
This week my sister will attempt to quit smoking....again. I say again because she has tried and failed before, but i have a good feeling about this time. I want to make it a team effort and have made her aware that i will not take any excuses or make any exceptions this time. I am even going to buy her first pack of patches, in an attempt to make her accountable to someone else...as now i will have invested money in her attempt.

CONTRIBUTIONS FOR THE BEIJING FUND....
Going on sale this week are a large quantity of cycling clothing that i have accumulated over the course of the last 4 years of my professional career. Some old and some new, its a mix of stuff and prices. It will all go on the table on the last day of the Herald Sun Tour, but if you want an opportunity to beat the crowd and the madness then send me an email and i will send you a copy of the listings. Photos will be available upon request and then you can let me know if you want to buy anything. All the proceeds go to the Get Richard to Beijing Fund (aimed at helping me afford to go and watch Kate at the Olympics), so get in quick before it goes....email address is richardjengland@gmail.com....

Catch you all on the flip side...

PS. IT'S NOW OFFICIAL
It has just been reported on cyclingnews, so i guess i can tell it to. I am officially a rider for the Bissell Pro Cycling Team next year. A continuation of the team from this year, Bissell has taken over as the title sponsor and i look forward to continuing my work with the 8 of my current team mates returning and the 4 + new additions we have for next year. Check it all out at http://www.bissellprocycling.com/.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet job with the new team. looks like its going to be a great year for you in 08. Ill look forward to having you back in the US.
JV

Anonymous said...

Hey Rich, Good to hear that you are home. The new sister would of kept the room abit neater I bet. Welcome back and congrats on your team for next year. See you soon, no doubt. Marls

Anonymous said...

Can I just clarify for everyone that Chris and I did not BUY Gracie lest you feel you ought to get in touch with Social Services or be concerned that we might sell her in aid of the Get Rich to Beijing Fund. Richard's grasp of the English language appears to have fallen off since schooldays...apologies! Meg.

Anonymous said...

Can I just clarify for everyone that Chris and I did not BUY Gracie lest you feel you ought to get in touch with Social Services or be concerned that we might sell her in aid of the Get Rich to Beijing Fund. Richard's grasp of the English language appears to have fallen off since schooldays...apologies! Meg.

Anonymous said...

FURTHER APOLOGIES, especially to you Rich. 'Twas not your grammar but my eyesight and/or brain. You definitely wrote "brought" as opposed to "bought." Please cast you eye around at suitable Nursing Home facilities for your failing mother.